It seems like 2016 flew right by and now we’re in 2017. I only have a few updates on the website so I figured I put some of my favorite photos from 2016 up and write a little about the year.
First, the year’s statistics:
- 1 house purchased, up substantially from 2015
- 2 of 2 us were employed, up 100% from 2015
- 1 business trip, up substantially from 2015
- 10 flights, down 60% from 2015
- 6 driving trips over 100 miles, down 90% from 2015
- 50lbs lost, from 2014. Total weight down substantially from 2015
- Trace amounts of meat consumed, down 100% from 2015
- 17,000 photos taken in 2016, down 80% from 2015
So, we’ve obviously had some ups and downs :). Overall, the year was fantastic and things are going well for us. We’re happy to be back in Minnesota and we’re happy to be back in the day to day swing of things. One of the biggest changes, becoming a vegetarian, was quite a bit easier than what I thought it would be simply because we had so much vegetarian food while traveling. We’re fortunate we took a lot of cooking classes from all over the world because we have a ton of recipes and food styles to draw upon for inspiration.
I put some photos in the album below. They are random photos from the year that I really enjoyed, there’s no rhyme or reason to the photos other than I really like how they turned out.
Enjoy the photos!